Thanks for checking me out!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Coat Rack and a Mini Chair...

After deciding (months ago) to paint the downstairs of our hose I took everything out of the entranceway, painted a single coat, and that was it. I knew it needed another coat, but I lacked motivation. Anyways, it's now several months later, and we've just been throwing our coats, mittens, toques, scarves... everything... onto our big chair in the living room and the end of the banister. I was getting kind of sick of it, so I went out and bought some wood and some stain today. I made a coat rack that I am more than proud of! I think it turned out great! I even made a shelf on top so I could put our mittens, toques, scarves *winter gear* in little baskets and keep them on top! Pretty clever, eh? Here's what it looks like...
Here it is!!! All stained and perdy...

I did SUCH a good job, it didn't even fall when I hung stuff on it!
Now to just put the baskets on top, and it will be finished!
 I picked up this tiny little kids chair for $2 today. Yes, only $2. I wasn't sure I liked color, because it was more pink than red. Oh well, I had already bought stain, so I could fix it!

Before I did anything to it.

I LOVE what the stain did to it! Especially on the seat. I just wiped it on and wiped it off, letting it get thicker on the edges.

I decoupaged some newspaper-looking scrapbook paper to the legs, although now I think I shouldn't have.

Another shot of the seat, just because I love it so much.
And there you have it! I'd say I've had a pretty productive afternoon!

3 comments:

  1. I love the yellow walls and red chair! Very nice - great job, Carmen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And welcome! The very last picture shows the yellow best... the others seem to make the walls look WAY more yellow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it! great idea with the newspaper

    ReplyDelete