Thanks for checking me out!

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Pre-School Teacher Appreciation Gift

My oldest son just graduated from pre-school. *sniff*    When/how did he get old enough for that? I can't believe he's such a big... kid already. I look at him, and he's shot up (probably) more than an inch in the last couple months. He's lost that 'little boy' look, and he's actually a kid now. It's so exciting that he'll be going to kindergarten in just a few short months, but I keep anxiously looking for the pause button to keep him little for a bit.
Want to see some pictures from his graduation night?
Doesn't he look handsome?

All lined up and ready to sing to the parents/grandparents.

So, what do you get the teacher that taught your son so many new things? I thought of flowers, but flowers die, and I wanted something unique. I thought of some kind of nick-nacky thing, but she probably already has tonnes of those. So, I came up with this.

I got a rough idea from a Close to my Heart catalog (if you're interested in more info, check out my cousin's blog... she sells their products and makes BEAUTIFUL stuff...Paper Bliss Crafting. Her name's Tara... she's awesome.)
Anyways, I tried thinking of something that didn't sound too cheesy to put on the side of the can. Finally my friend came up with this saying, and it totally works! My dear husband thinks it's cheesy, but he couldn't come up with anything better. :)
Inside are graham crackers, marshmallows, and Caramilk bars... everything you need to make s'mores!

Thanks for checking it out!

1 comment: